Welcome to the Thresholds section of the e-GPA portal.
The Agreement on Government Procurement (GPA) applies to procurement of minimum estimated value equal to or exceeding certain specified financial value thresholds. The thresholds, in IMF Special Drawing Rights (SDR), are specified in each Party's Annexes to Appendix I. Each Party also periodically notifies the national currency equivalent of its thresholds to the WTO. Both sets of information are available from this page.
The options below allow you to browse and access the Parties' notifications of thresholds in national currencies (current and historical), and to search the threshold database with regard to a particular Party or Parties, Entities, Goods, Services or Construction Services to extract information of interest and generate reports.
THRESHOLDS INDICATED IN ANNEXES 1, 2 AND 3 OF APPENDIX I TO THE REVISED GPA
(EXPRESSED IN SPECIAL DRAWING RIGHTS [SDR])1
(Central Government Entities)
(Sub-central Government Entities)
|Goods and services2||Construction services||Goods and services2||Construction services||Goods and services2||Construction services|
|Thresholds applied by most Parties||130,000||5,000,000||200,000||5,000,000||400,000||5,000,000|
|Hong Kong, China||130,000||5,000,000||No sub-central government level.||400,000||5,000,000|
|Japan||100,000||4,500,0007||200,000||15,000,0009||130,000||4,500,000 or 15,000,0008|
|Korea||130,000||5,000,0004||200,000 or 400,000||15,000,0004||400,000||15,000,000|
|Moldova, Republic of||130,000||5,000,000||200,000||5,000,000||400,000||5,000,000|
|Aruba||100,000||4,000,000||No sub-central government level.||400,000||5,000,000|
|Singapore||130,000||5,000,000||No sub-central government level.||400,000||5,000,000|
|United States||130,000||5,000,000||355,000||5,000,00010||US$ 250,000 or 400,000||5,000,00010|
- 1 As made clear by the disclaimer on this website, this table is provided for educational purposes only and has no official or legal status whatsoever. The exact content of Parties' commitments, including derogations and other relevant specifications, should be verified in the light of the Parties' Annexes to Appendix 1 to the GPA 2012.
- 2 Except for construction services.
- 3 With regard to domestic review challenging the award of procurement contracts for an amount below the threshold applied to the same category of procurement by certain Parties, the provisions of Article XVIII (domestic review procedures) do not apply to suppliers of goods or services from the Party concerned (see (i) Note 4 to Annex 2, and Note 7 to Annex 3 of the European Union; (ii) Note 5 to Annex 2, and Notes 8 to Annex 3 of Iceland; (iii) Note 2 to Annex 2, and Note 10 to Annex 3 of Liechtenstein; (iv) Note 4 to Annex 2, and Note 7 to Annex 3 of Montenegro; (v) Note 2 to Annex 2, and Note 7 to Annex 3 of Norway; (vi) General Note 1.2 to Annex 7 of Switzerland; and (vii) Note 4 to Annex 2, and Note 7 to Annex 3 of the United Kingdom).
- 4 Including BOT, public works concessions or other forms of PPPs covered by the GPA 2012.
- 5 For public works concessions by Korea and suppliers of such services: SDR 15,000,000 (See Annex 6 of the EU; Annex 6 of Montenegro; and Annex 6 of the United Kingdom).
- 6 For goods and services from Canada: SDR 355,000 (see note 1(e) to Annex 2 of the EU; note 1(e) to Annex 2 of Montenegro; and note 1(e) to Annex 2 of the United Kingdom).
- 7 For architectural, engineering and other technical services: SDR 450,000 (see Annexes 1 and 3 of Japan).
- 8 For architectural, engineering and other technical services: SDR 1,500,000 (see Annex 2 of Japan).
- 9 Procurement by Chinese Taipei is only covered by the GPA in respect of each Party when the threshold is the same or higher than that applied by the other Party to the same category of procurement (see General Note 1 of Chinese Taipei). This note does not apply to Israel or the United States under Annex 2.
- 10 For construction services for Korea and suppliers of such services: SDR 15,000,000 (see General Note 5 of the United States).