Unless otherwise specified, this Agreement covers procurement by entities listed in this Annex, subject to the following thresholds:
- 3 MANITOBA †
- 4 NEW BRUNSWICK †
- 5 NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR †
- 6 NORTHWEST TERRITORIES †
- 8 NUNAVUT †
- 11 QUÉBEC *
- 11.3 This Annex does not cover procurement:
- 1 of cultural or artistic goods and services;
- 2 of seedling production services;
- 3 for work to be performed on property by a contractor according to provisions of a warranty or guarantee held in respect of the property or the original work;
- 4 of construction-grade steel (including requirements on subcontracts); and
- 5 from a non-profit organization.
- 11.4 This Agreement does not apply to any measure of Québec adopted or maintained with respect to culture or cultural industries.
1 For provinces and territories listed in this Annex, this Agreement does not apply to preferences or restrictions on highway projects.
2 For provinces and territories listed in this Annex, this Agreement does not apply to preferences or restrictions associated with programs promoting the development of distressed areas.
3 This Agreement does not cover procurement that is intended to contribute to economic development within the provinces of Manitoba, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia or the territories of Nunavut, Yukon or Northwest Territories.
5 For those provinces and territories marked by an obelisk (†), this Agreement does not cover the procurement of goods, services or construction services purchased for the benefit of, or which is to be transferred to the authority of, school boards or their functional equivalents, publicly-funded academic institutions, social services entities or hospitals.
6 Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to prevent any provincial or territorial entity from applying restrictions that promote the general environmental quality in that province or territory, as long as such restrictions are not disguised barriers to international trade.
7 This Agreement does not cover procurement made by a covered entity on behalf of a non covered entity.
8 This Agreement does not include Crown Corporations of the provinces and territories.
9 For Iceland and the Principality of Liechtenstein, this Agreement does not apply to procurement by entities listed in this Annex.