Welcome to the Thresholds section of the e-GPA portal.
The Agreement on Government Procurement (GPA) applies to procurement of minimum estimated value equal to or exceeding certain specified financial value thresholds. The thresholds, in IMF Special Drawing Rights (SDR), are specified in each Party's Annexes to Appendix I. Each Party also periodically notifies the national currency equivalent of its thresholds to the WTO. Both sets of information are available from this page.
The options below allow you to browse and access the Parties' notifications of thresholds in national currencies (current and historical), and to search the threshold database with regard to a particular Party or Parties, Entities, Goods, Services or Construction Services to extract information of interest and generate reports.
VALORES DE UMBRAL INDICADOS EN LOS ANEXOS 1, 2 Y 3 DEL APÉNDICE I DEL ACP
(EXPRESADOS EN DERECHOS ESPECIALES DE GIRO [DEG])1
|Parte||ANEXO 1 |
(Entidades del gobierno central)
|ANEXO 2 |
(Entidades de los gobiernos subcentrales)
|ANEXO 3 |
|Bienes y servicios2||Servicios de construcción||Bienes y servicios2||Servicios de construcción||Bienes y servicios2||Servicios de construcción|
|Valores de umbral generalmente aplicables||130.000||5.000.000||200.000||5.000.000||400.000||5.000.000|
|Unión Europea3||130.000||5.000.0004, 5||200.0006||5.000.0004, 5||400.000||5.000.000|
|Hong Kong, China||130.000||5.000.000||No hay nivel subcentral.||400.000||5.000.000|
|Israel||130.000||8 500 0007||250 000||8 500 000||355.000||8 500 000|
|Japón||100.000||4.500.0008||200.000||15.000.0009||130.000||4.500.000 o 15.000.0008|
|Corea||130.000||5.000.0004||200.000 o 400.000||15.000.0004||400.000||15.000.000|
|Moldova, Republic of||130,00010||5,000,000||200,00011||5,000,000||400,00012||5,000,000|
|Aruba||100.000||4.000.000||No hay nivel subcentral.||400.000||5.000.000|
|Singapur||130.000||5.000.000||No hay nivel subcentral.||400.000||5.000.000|
|Estados Unidos||130.000||5.000.000||355.000||5.000.00014||250.000 (USD) o 400.000||5.000.00014|
- 1 As made clear by the disclaimer on this website, this table is provided for educational purposes only and has no official or legal status whatsoever. The exact content of Parties' commitments, including derogations and other relevant specifications, should be verified in the light of the Parties' Annexes to Appendix 1 to the revised GPA.
- 2 Except for construction services.
- 3 With regard to domestic review challenging the award of procurement contracts for an amount below the threshold applied to the same category of procurement by certain Parties, the provisions of Article XVIII (domestic review procedures) do not apply to suppliers of goods or services from the Party concerned (see (i) Note 4 to Annex 2, and Note 7 to Annex 3 of the European Union; (ii) Note 5 to Annex 2, and Notes 8 to Annex 3 of Iceland; (iii) Note 2 to Annex 2, and Note 10 to Annex 3 of Liechtenstein; (iv) Note 4 to Annex 2, and Note 7 to Annex 3 of Montenegro; (v) Note 2 to Annex 2, and Note 7 to Annex 3 of Norway; and (vi) General Note 1.2 to Annex 7 of Switzerland)
- 4 Including BOT, public works concessions or other forms of PPPs covered by the revised GPA.
- 5 For public works concessions by Korea and suppliers of such services: SDR 15,000,000 (See Annex 6 of the EU and Annex 6 of Montenegro).
- 6 For goods and services from Canada: SDR 355,000 (see note 1(e) to Annex 2 of the EU; and note 1(e) to Annex 2 of Montenegro).
- 7 As of the sixth year of entry into force of the revised GPA for Israel (i.e. 6 Apr 2014): SDR 5,000,000 (see Footnote 1 to Annex 1 of Israel).
- 8 For architectural, engineering and other technical services: SDR 450,000 (see Annexes 1 and 3 of Japan).
- 9 For architectural, engineering and other technical services: SDR 1,500,000 (see Annex 2 of Japan).
- 10 Thresholds in respect of goods and services are subject to a two-year transition period. In the first year following accession, the thresholds for both goods and services will be SDR 300,000, and in the second year following accession, they will be SDR 200,000. From the beginning of the third year following accession, the thresholds will be SDR 130,000 (see Footnote 1 to Annex 1 of Moldova).
- 11 Thresholds in respect of goods and services are subject to a two-year transition period. In the first year following accession (Starting on 14 July 2016), the thresholds for both goods and services will be SDR 400,000, and in the second year following accession (Starting on 14 July 2017), they will be SDR 300,000. From the beginning of the third year following accession (Starting on 14 July 2018), the thresholds will be SDR 200,000 (see Footnote 1 to Annex 2 of Moldova).
- 12 Thresholds in respect of goods and services are subject to a two-year transition period. In the first year following accession (Starting on 14 July 2016), the thresholds for both goods and services will be SDR 600,000, and in the second year following accession (Starting on 14 July 2017), they will be SDR 500,000. From the beginning of the third year following accession (Starting on 14 July 2018), the thresholds will be SDR 400,000 (see Footnote 1 to Annex 3 of Moldova).
- 13 Procurement by Chinese Taipei is only covered by the GPA in respect of each Party when the threshold is the same or higher than that applied by the other Party to the same category of procurement (see General Note 1 of Chinese Taipei). This note does not apply to Israel or the United States under Annex 2.
- 14 For construction services for Korea and suppliers of such services: SDR 15,000,000 (see General Note 5 of the United States).